Monday, March 26, 2012

Step by Step

The last few weeks have been very uplifting.  We are seeing some awesome Amazon purchases! (Whoever decided they needed a new tv and accessories...I love you. Just saying.) Our garage is quickly filling up with goodies for our yard sale and just last week a coworker of mine offered some furniture for the sale.  We are officially set for a fundraiser at Chick-Fil-A (details to follow in a later post) and so many have already RSVPd via Facebook. What's even more impressive is my out of town friends who have asked "How can I help?"  I have a very good friend who is close to pulling the trigger on starting down this same path, and it's awesome to have someone to babble about all the details with who actually cares.  I can't share who it is right now, but I'm really excited.  Last but not least, I made a new connection who just brought home two little ones from the same area we are adopting from. It's awesome to have somebody who has been there, done that.  I am constantly amazed at how open and encouraging the adoption community is.


Two weeks ago, while sitting in the waiting room of the pediatrician's office, Madeline turned to a complete stranger and said the following very matter of factly: "I'm growing a baby sister in Africa."  You can imagine the look. I just nodded with the knowing look that kids will say anything. I was super proud of her, especially as she's not much for talking with strangers.  She insists on praying for baby sister and our sponsored Compassion child at all meals and before any form of sleep.


I'm headed into the home stretch of this semester and quite honestly, I don't want to write papers, I want to finish my paperwork! Praying for focus right now.  I'm trying to pace myself by allowing one adoption To Do per day. I've sent away for a lot of official documents that we need and am already seeing them come back.  Hopefully in the next week I will be mailing a letter with some great information to all of our friends and family.


Just for the record, I have be fairly vague on her about our process, including which country specifically we are adopting from.  I don't want to do anything to jeopardize the process for our family or others, nor do I want anything I write to be misinterpreted.  But if you have questions, definitely e-mail me or catch me in person. Brad and I are so excited about this journey and our prayer is that others will choose adoption for their families as well.

No comments: