Friday, March 30, 2012

Just what I needed to hear

I have often said that I want to open my mailbox and find a letter from God with what I'm supposed to do in life. I promise, I would jump right in and just do it! Turns out that life doesn't work that way. Today I was reading a blog that I follow regularly called Stuff Christians Like by Jon Acuff. It's very funny and makes me think a lot about my life. You should read it too. You should also read his book called Quitter because it's awesome. Anyway, what I read today really summed up what I need to hear right now.

"Good, you’re right to fear that xx will go away. Because that will happen. It will vanish and evaporate one day. That’s why I don’t want you to give your all to xx . I want you to give your all to me. I want all your hopes and all your dreams.
Because I am unchanging. I will not go away. I will not fade, I will not vanish. I am the great I am. I and I alone can make that statement. You can’t see it right now. Your eyes are blind to the things I’m doing, but know that in the mosaic of my mind, the only mind that spans generations, I am preparing you for something. I am tilling your heart and your soul right now. I am stirring up everything you think you know about you and me because I am preparing you for something. And what that is, I will not say, but know that it is mine, and things that are mine begin in love and end in love and they never make sense to the human mind because my designs are too wonderful to fathom.”

You can read the rest of this post here http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristianslike/2012/03/the-map-the-plan/

I have a handful of close friends that are really struggling with the fact that their "plan" didn't work out as expected. I'm right there. Hang in there - I think some big, awesome things are in the works if we just give up a teeny bit of control.

No comments: