Sunday, January 29, 2012

Building Our Family...

Well...I accidentally jumped the gun and put my ticker up, so I guess it's time to spill the beans....given that Madeline is almost 3 and I'm almost done with grad school, people have been inquiring as to whether there will be another baby Long arriving shortly...

After much research, prayer, discussion, prayer, waffling, prayer, raw anxiety, and prayer...
we have decided to grow our family through adoption!

Most people who know us realize that this has been on the table for a long time.  We originally thought we were going to be adopting locally, but God has really been pulling my attention toward the need for international adoption for the last 9 months or so.  After a whole heck of a lot of research and soul searching (I can say confidently that I have a better understand of what it means to wrestle with God these days...), we have decided to adopt a baby from Africa.  I will be posting a lot more about this over the next few weeks.  We just applied to our agency last week (which is when the ticker begins) and we are hoping to have this wrapped up by the end of the year, but if there's anything I realize about this process, it's that I'm completely out of control of most things.

Someone once told me that adoption is not for the faint of heart and I think they might be right! 

No comments: