Thursday, November 18, 2010

Potty Mouth

I decided a long time ago that I was going to be super laid back when it came to potty training.  I wasn't going to make a big deal about it or force the issue. When my child was good and ready, it would happen and that was fine. 

HA. 

That backfired big time.  So in June, at the ripe old age of 16 month, Madeline became obsessed with the potty.  Taking about it, talking about what you do in it.  Trying to sit on it. 

So I caved and bought her a potty.  She's pretty little so I figured she'd need one her size.  And lo and behold. She used it!  Quite well even.  She even stays dry during nap time and will wake up and go pee right away.   The down side is that until we get her "issues" (see previous post) worked out, we can't really proceed on with this life event. 

Besides, running all over town on Saturday morning is a lot easier with diapers!

No comments: