Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Something Beautiful

So I've been a little down lately. A fellow adoptive mom in waiting posted this on Facebook today and once again Jen Hatmaker has kicked me in the pants:

"As you watch us struggle and celebrate and cry and flail, we also want you to know that adoption is beautiful, and a thousand times we’ve looked at each other and said, “What if we would’ve said no?” God invited us into something monumental and lovely, and we would’ve missed endless moments of glory had we walked away. We need you during these difficult months of waiting and transitioning, but we also hope you see that we serve a faithful God who heals and actually sets the lonely in families, just like He said He would."
 
Thank you to all my wonderful friends that have been so encouraging these last few weeks.
 

1 comment:

Steph said...

I love this. I've been meaning to write you for two weeks but haven't. Please forgive me. I hope you're hanging in there...and I will send you an email...soon!!
Steph