Sunday, January 25, 2009

Practice Round

So we had a little too much excitment this week with a trip to the hospital. Wednesday night I started bleeding enough to freak out (which is far less likely to happen with me than with Brad) so of course we had to go check it out. It's a long and gross story about what all was going on with that, but the bottom line was that all the bleeding was causing me to have way more contractions than the doctor was comfortable with. So we ended up spending the night and the better part of Thursday in the maternity ward so they could monitor the baby, the bleeding, and give me some very bizarre drugs to slow down the contractions. While this was a pretty boring setup, it did give us an idea of what the whole hospital experience will be like....

I have been banished to bed rest until Monday when I have another appointment to figure out where we're headed. They pretty much told me that if I had been one week further that we probably would have just HAD the baby while we were there. This whole bed rest thing is horrible in my opinion. For someone who sleeps as much as I do, you would think I would be happy about it, but really it's awful. I am incredibly uncomfortable right now, but at least I have an 1100 page Ayn Rand book and seasons 8-10 of Friends to entertain me until Monday. I mostly just sit around and think about all the things that I "need" to do. Brad, poor guy, is rocking it with all the household duties, plus me grumbling and needing stuff all the time. I just hope we can get this whole thing over with sooner rather than later. I don't want to leave the hospital empty handed again!

No comments: